In summary, routine AC maintenance is important because it helps to keep your cost of operation as low as possible. Preventing minor issues from getting worse will save you a lot of money in the long run. Plus, routine AC maintenance can help extend the life of your air conditioning system.
You should be having your air conditioning system serviced yearly by a licensed technician who specializes in HVAC systems and understands how they work. There are several important things to look out for during this service, including:
- Checking the blower motor before and after it is replaced; any damage or wear that might not have been visible before can now be seen.
- Checking the evaporator coils and all pipes for any leaks or leaks that might have been there in the previous year but which were missed.
- Replacing any condensate strainers and other drainage components in the system at a minimum of every three years to prevent signs of rust from forming, which could be a sign of leaks.
- Inspecting your duct work for cracks, holes and general wear (which will cause you money later).
- Checking the thermostat to make sure it is set at an accurate temperature to help you save money on your bills.
- Checking the compressor and any other electrical components for signs of wear and tear.
- Cleaning all the cabinet and coil parts to get rid of dust that could be causing corrosion which again, will cause you more money later on down the line with repairs.
- Testing your refrigerant levels to make sure they are at their correct percentages, which helps you control your whole system more efficiently and effectively.
- Testing your system so it is correctly sized and configured to meet the season or other situation you might have planned.
- Testing the electrical wiring in the system to make sure it has been connected properly, which could prevent short circuits that cause fires and potential damage to other components.
When is AC maintenance needed?
There are many factors that affect the lifespan of your AC system, including the quality of installation and repair work, the type of system you have and the level of care you take with it. Most experts agree that regardless of how well your air-conditioning unit is installed, you should have it serviced once a year to ensure that everything is working as it should.
What are the benefits of routine AC maintenance?
The AC system is one of the most important and expensive components in your home. It is imperative that you take care of it to ensure that you will be able to use it for many years to come.
The most obvious benefit is that it will save you money. A well-maintained unit will use less energy and won’t break down as easily, which means that your utility bills won’t be frighteningly large every month. Any repairs done during the inspection will be covered by your warranty, which means that you can have them taken care of at no additional cost. Additionally, any work done to improve efficiency or functionality (e.g. new system, new filter) will have added value.
Another benefit of routine AC maintenance is that it helps to prolong the life of your HVAC system, which means you will have to replace it less often. Moreover, the more efficient and effective your HVAC system is in terms of energy use and the less wear and tear on the components, the longer it will last.
Which parts should be checked during AC service?
It’s best to start by checking all components that could affect performance: air handler, condenser coils and fan motor. Additionally, check any problems with ducts or cooling lines as these are not covered by warranty.
You should also check the blower motor before and after it is replaced, check for leaks and wear that could not be seen before and make sure you are using the same refrigerant for your system as you were back when it was installed so that your warranty doesn’t expire too soon.
How do I find a professional to do AC maintenance service?
The most important thing to look for when choosing a technician is to make sure that he or she has the proper licenses, certifications and education required in order to perform HVAC work correctly. Also, you should ask them about their past experience with AC systems so you know if they will be able to give you accurate information about any common problems or issues.
What can I do to prevent AC maintenance problems?
The best way to keep your AC system running smoothly is to have a routine maintenance schedule in place. Experts recommend that you have routine AC maintenance performed on your unit at least once a year. This includes professional servicing, a thorough inspection and any repairs or replacements as necessary. This can lower your energy bills and help you get accurate information about the condition of your equipment, so you know exactly when it will need a replacement.
HVAC systems are a big investment and so it is important to make sure that you are taking good care of them. Regular service and maintenance will help keep your system working optimally and help you receive accurate information about its condition so you can replace it more quickly if necessary.
If you need help with your AC maintenance needs or any other home comfort service, give us a call! We can help you get the right quality of service at a fair price and get your HVAC system back up and running quickly and efficiently. If you have any questions, please call Spectrum Heating and Air today!